Times Publications

Jack Ma Called World should focus more on small businesses, young people

The world should make sure small businesses and developing countries benefit from globalization and offer young people opportunities to be involved in global issues, said Jack Ma, founder and chairman of China’s online retail giant Alibaba.

Posted by Xinhua News on Thursday, 21st September 2017

The Bloomberg Global Business Forum held in New York City on Wednesday that the world used to focus on supporting 20 percent of the big companies and that the situation has to change. said Ma in his remarks. "I’m a believer of small is beautiful and small is powerful," He urged the world to start focusing on the rest 80 percent of the businesses that have not had much support in the past.

Developing countries also deserve more attention in the global efforts of creating a more inclusive, sustainable, and healthy environment, Ma added.

"The world not only need G20, B20, we need G200 and B200," in Ma’s speech, he placed special emphasis on reforming education for young people in order to prepare them for the era of data technology.

On the young generation, Ma said "they do not want to get informed, they want to be involved."

He pointed that technology has destroyed many jobs but at the same time brought a lot of opportunities.

Countries around the world should teach the "kids to be very, very innovative, very creative" so that the kids will seize those opportunities, he added.

Editor: Jian Ping Sun



Belt and Road Portal

- is a development strategy proposed by China's paramount leader Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation between Eurasian countries.

China Import Export Fair

- or Canton Fair is a trade fair held in the spring and autumn seasons each year since the spring of 1957 in Canton, China.

Department for International Trade

- is a United Kingdom government department responsible for striking and extending trade agreements between the United Kingdom and non EU states.
Social Media You can visit our social media pages using the buttons below.
Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with our latest news.